Friday, June 8, 2012

Supper Club

Labs were good yesterday. My hemoglobin count actually increased and my platelet count is low, but within what they are looking for, so I did not have to have another transfusion. I had planned to do some puttering, but instead I slept for most of the afternoon.

I did have the energy to go to Supper Club, which is a weekly potluck held by some awesome people. I was really looking forward to going, as I had not been able to make it since my diagnosis. The theme this week was "food you love" and there was a ton of great food. Sarah made homemade mac and cheese, which I am pretty sure is one of the healing foods of my people. I was still pretty full this morning. The thing that really makes Supper Club though, are the people. After giving them a little update on my condition, we talked about all sorts of things. So nice to talk about something else for a change. :) It was great to hang out with them again. I hope that I am able to make it back in a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment