Saturday, June 16, 2012

Same old, same old.

Still in the hospital. The reaction to the Rituxan put my schedule back a couple days, so instead of being out of here on Friday, I will not be getting out until Monday around noon. Becky brought me in some real food this evening - stir fry vegetables with bean noodles and wakame salad. I have had a bit of nausea, which is a side effect of whatever the heck I am currently on, but real food is still pretty darn good. Other than that I have been sleeping a lot and doing some reading. I have been enjoying the "Mysterious Benedict Society" which was heartily recommended to me by my favorite 9 year old, and was independently sent to me by my wonderful sister-in-law. It is just the right speed for my fatigued, chemical-ridden brain.

I did get unhooked from all my tubes and devices for a short time this afternoon and went for a "run", which consisted of doing the single flight of stairs 4 times (I managed double steps twice). That got my heart rate up and muscles moving which felt really good. Then I did my stretches and got to take a shower. After which I was feeling almost human, but pretty tired. I took a 3 hour nap. Hard to believe that was the highlight of my day, but I will take what I can. I am in good spirits and doing pretty well. I look forward to being back in Brooks next week.


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your spirits are pretty good--that's a major accomplishment in and of itself under the circumstances. Also delighted to hear about your current read--I just read the fourth book in the series and thoroughly enjoyed it. : )

    Bummer about the delay getting back home. One possible upside (okay, I know it's kind of weak) is that we have more opportunities to come visit you down there! Needing/wanting anything brought down from Belfast (or Brooks) town?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for the offer Mitch. I think that we are all set. I got a chance today to get unhooked from all my tubes and actually take a little walk outside on the nature trail. It was so nice to get some fresh air and look at something that was more than 12 feet away. I will be out of here tomorrow, so I am pretty sure that I will make it. See you soon(ish).

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah, Monday is tomorrow already (oops!). It'll be great to have you back home!

      Delete