Sunday, June 17, 2012

Slept for 12 hours.

Slept a lot today. Of course, by sleep, I mean get up every 80 minutes to pee, and to have the nurses wake me every 2 hours to take my vital signs and change my drugs and take blood samples and such. Good thing I am pretty good at napping - but even so. It will nice to back home where I can get 3 hour uninterrupted naps (I still need to pee a lot).

I did get a free moment today, unhooked from my tubes. I went outside and walked around for a while. They have some "nature trails", which wander along the edge of the woods. It was really nice to walk in the woods, get some fresh air and see something further away than 12 feet. It helped a bit physically (I was feeling pretty blah today), but it really helped mentally, and I feel refreshed. Becky brought me in some real food, and that also revitalized me to some extent.

I will be out of here tomorrow around 5pm or 6pm if my numbers look good. Right now they are giving me a "rescue drug" that helps bind up the Methotrexate and get it out of my system, so as soon as it gets all cleared out, I am good to go. It will be nice to be home. I have a CSA farmbox waiting for me. mmm.

1 comment: