Thursday, October 11, 2012

4th Ambulance trip.

I have been moved down to Midcoast Hospital in Brunswick. It was so nice to be able to see so many of my friends today and yesterday before I got transfered. I was in Waldo County Hospital until I used up all the platelets in the area. It sounds like I am kidding, but no, that is the real reason for my transfer. I think that it will actually work out better down here though, as I have direct contact with Dr. Connelly, and know all the nurses. The nurses at Waldo were fine, but the were really paranoid about me being a fall risk and limited how much I could move about. The nurses down here are worried that IF I fall, I could injure my spleen, so they want some one nearby if the worst happens. Much more reasonable. It allows me to get up and stretch, to use the bathroom easier, and generally move around a little more.

I went into the hospital because of a fever that has turned out to be an infection. But also, I went in because I pulled my back rolling over in bed and was in incredible pain. That pain seems to be mostly under control, as I am not getting the spasms anymore, but the whole of my back is a sore mess. So tight. The infection, which is the non-painful but dangerous part is responding well to the antibiotics, and I have not had a fever for the last two days. 

Dr. Connelly does not expect me to be in here for very long, so I might be out sometime Saturday, and can catch a ride up to Brooks with my folks. Becky and I are headed out to Dartmouth almost immediately, instead of in 4 weeks, so it is pretty hectic right now. Becky is amazing, and I am sure that she will take care of all the details, but I am sorry that I can not help out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leif, I ran into Becky today in Belfast after just having you pass through my thoughts. I want you to know that my heart is with you and I'm thinking of you both and wishing you the best possible in this next step of the journey. Also I wanted to call today but could only find your previous room #. IF you see this before you're leaving, post or send me your # - I'd love to talk with you. much love and healing energy, larkspur

    ReplyDelete