Friday, August 3, 2012

Back home.

Home again. Even though we are wrestling with a mouse invasion, and I can hear the little critters chewing on my house - taking it apart before I have even finished it - it is good to be home.

I finished up the last dose of my chemo by 8am on Wednesday, and was looking forward to leaving that morning as I had already been in the hospital 2 extra days because of reaction to the drugs, but we did not get out of the hospital very early. Because the blood-work came back saying that my red blood cells were low. So, my doctor wanted to give me 2 units of blood before I left. Well, that made sense. I had needed platelets both on Monday and Tuesday, and my red blood cells had been dropping, so I was not surprised. Also, because of nausea, I did not eat at all on Monday and very little on Tuesday, which is always poor for maintaining your health. But, by the time they got the blood typed and crossed (which just means that they make sure that they are giving me the right blood), it was noon, and then it is about 2 hours per unit, and then there was all the discharge paperwork. We did not end up getting out of there until about 6:30pm. You are not in charge of your time after you get your hospital bracelet.


No comments:

Post a Comment