Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Right now . . .

Posted by Erica

We are in the 2nd Floor South Med/Surge family waiting room at MidCoast Hospital, visitor command center for the time being, mostly waiting for more details about what to do next. As many of you have been informed, it looks like Leif's liver is beginning to fail. He is jaundiced, and sometimes agitated and confused, but his pain levels have improved. Nothing is clear right now, not even a clear path forward. If you have something you are moved to share with Leif, now, right now, would be a good time to be in touch.

For the time being, it sounds like Leif may likely be up for taking brief phone calls: you may call his google voice # which is 619-4446 (this is also just the phone # to the room).

Cards and notes (but no flowers, please!) can be sent to Leif c/o MidCoast Hospital, 123 Medical Center Drive, Brunswick, ME, 04011. You can also send Leif an e-mail c/o the hospital; this is probably the best way to get in touch as Leif and Becky are not reliably checking e-mail under the circumstances. If you are interested in visiting, please call Leif's phone to check-in. There should always be someone at the other end of the line to let you know whether its a good time to do so.


10 comments:

  1. Thank you Erica, for your kind and thoughtful support. I can't even imagine the awfulness this last year has been for both Becky and Leif. I am so glad they have such awesome friends who have been there. I am very sad I am SO far away. For the moment I will send all the love and good karma and peace I can send telepathically. I continue to pray for you guys. All my love....-B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the updates especially for those of us so far away. I can only be there in spirit so these updates are so important. My heart is so heavy with sadness for all. I am still holding hope knowing Leif's tenacity. I will continue to send prayers & light...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also so sad to hear of this turn for the worse. I will hold you both in my thoughts and send love. - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those who know me (or those who don't), I arrived about an hour ago and you can also call me for on the ground updates. Depending on circumstances, I may not answer, but I'll call back ASAP. 410-350-5000.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leif's just sleeping. He's in some pain, so tbey're increasing the pain meds. He's surrounded by friends and family, and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. Oh, my. My heart hurts.

    Leif, I've only spent a total of a couple of days with you, but you are part of why the memories of those days are so special to me and always will be.

    I'm thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jedivet, have you registered for the half marathon? If so, could you please post your donation page information here, maybe in the comments section of the recent extremely heartbreaking post? I would like to support Leif and Becky this way and I feel better knowing that the donation I am sending is to a friend of these two. I'm in Australia so the safe donation is rather important. Thank you in advance for any information you can pass on - I think this is a wonderful and valiant way to support your friends. Susan

      Delete
  7. Just love. I'm just sending love out into the universe. To all of you. Wherever you may be now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart is broken in so many pieces. My eyes won't stop weeping. You left so soon...but my life is better for you having been in it. For that I am supremely grateful. You will be greatly missed...

    ReplyDelete