Saturday, April 27, 2013

Birthday!

I turned 45 last Tuesday, and that was an achievement in itself. It has been a rough year, and there were times when it was not clear that I was going to see my 45th birthday. Getting a year older was the best birthday present that I could have gotten. I guess there is nothing healthier than having birthdays - the more you have the longer you live.

My brother also headed up raising money for a surprise present for me. Thank you everyone that contributed to my iPad! It was completely unexpected and blew me away. It is really the perfect present for me in that I am too frugal to buy one for myself, and I absolutely love it. I have only had it for a few days now, and can see that by next month I will not fathom how I got along without it.

After I played with it for a day, I can see that it really lets my geek flag fly. The very first apps that I downloaded included 2 reference manuals, a slide rule, 2 chess games, a graphing calculator, a second calculator (that does handwriting recognition) and a star chart. I am who I am.

Becky made me a black forest cake, which is my favorite.

It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you find the iPad as cool as I do! I LOVE.mine! Remember to send us your email profile so we can FaceTime you. It's pretty amazing. Glad things are looking up...albeit at a slow pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday is two days away from mine! Happy belated birthday, sir! I'm glad you're enjoying the iPad, and I have to say that though I don't do Facebook really, when I briefly visited your profile after finding it and this blog, I was not at all surprised at the flying geek flag. Let it fly!

    ReplyDelete